Representing the Buyer
In This Chapter
• Qualifying a prospective buyer
• Making your presentation to a buyer
• Touring properties with buyers
• The offer, the counteroffer, and where you go from here
• Taking the transaction through closing
This chapter is about representing the buyer. It begins with a buyer prospect whom you qualify for readiness to purchase. When your prospect is qualified, you deliver your buyer presentation. This presentation does not result in a signed agreement with your buyer, the way it did with the seller, but it does establish your relationship as this buyer’s agent. After the two of you commit to the job at hand, you begin the process of touring properties and ultimately making an offer to purchase.