Identifying a Difficult Person
In This Chapter
• The most common traits of difficult people
• The impact difficult people have on others
• The four major categories of difficult people
• The “personality disorder” factor
• The impact of personal biases
• The best way to avoid negative self-fulfilling prophecies
If someone asked you to name the difficult people in your life, you probably wouldn’t have trouble making a list. Maybe it’s your business partner, your sister-in-law, your next-door neighbor, your kid’s school principal, your boss, your dad, your dental hygienist, your general contractor ….
What is it about certain people that sets you off? If you knew more about their modes of operation, you would be better able to deal with them. ...