It’s All About Me
In This Chapter
• Having a sense of entitlement with narcissism
• Determining the false self of the self-absorbed
• Seeing the fickle nature of narcissists
• Learning why narcissists violate personal boundaries
• Gearing up to deal with the self-absorbed
In a well-known Greek myth, a handsome young man rejects the advances of a smitten nymph and, as punishment, is doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Spellbound, he pines away—ultimately transforming into the flower that bears his name: Narcissus.
This tale, immortalized by Ovid, has survived for so long and carries so much emotional resonance because it carries the shock of familiarity. We’ve all encountered self-absorbed people similar ...