Relating to the Self- Absorbed in Relationships
In This Chapter
• Learning about the perils of courtship with narcissists
• Living with a self-involved spouse
• Dealing with self-absorbed parents
• Tolerating self-centered siblings
• Having ups and downs with narcissist friends
Narcissus, the quintessential self-absorbed type, spent all his time staring with great infatuation at his own reflection. He was the love of his life. Can you imagine trying to have a close personal relationship with someone like that? Well, if you’re reading this, you probably can do more than imagine it: you probably already know how tough it can be.
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Nearly everyone has someone in their personal life who could be described, like ...