What to Do About Public Narcissists
In This Chapter
• Picking your battles in the war on rudeness
• Dealing with rude and dangerous drivers
• Coping with cell phone abuse
• Handling narcissistic neighbors
• Managing narcissists in groups and committees
Public Agenda, a nonprofit organization that researches public opinion, says that 79 percent of Americans believe lack of respect and courtesy ought to be regarded as a serious national problem. Rudeness and road rage are rampant—and whom do we have to thank for it? In large part, needy, greedy narcissists.
In this chapter, we look at how the self-centered operate in public, and what you can do when their actions impact your environment, your safety, and your enjoyment of life.