Reacting to Dangerous Strangers
In This Chapter
• Protecting yourself from con artists
• Recognizing pick-up artists
• Evading online and telephone menaces
• Steering clear of the litigious
• Discovering whether there’s hope and help for sociopaths
Call them psychopaths, sociopaths, or the personality-disordered. All these terms refer to the same thing: toxic people who are devious, thoughtless, and remorseless and have a callous disregard for their fellow human beings.
Even if you’re lucky enough to be free of such types in your workplace and your personal life, we all know that toxic sociopaths are still out there, willing to prey on innocent strangers. Psychologists estimate that as many as one in four people manifest sociopathic ...