In This Chapter
• The activities that prepare you for prospecting
• What else you can do to bring in more business
• How to maximize every prospecting effort
• Time blocking for hyperefficiency and greater results
• When enough prospecting is actually enough
• Automating your system
When talking with salespeople who have prospected for a while, they can remember how challenging it was to take that first prospecting step. This is still a common theme amongst salespeople who have to learn how to prospect to build their business. They tell me that taking the first step and making that first cold call is exactly where they freeze or get stuck.
Many salespeople define the first step as the first cold call they make. That is, ...