Don't be camera shy!
The focus is on the basics.
Presented in concise, intuitive style, this guide has everything amateur photographers need to know to produce great images—whether shooting in digital or film. Best of all, each chapter includes FAQs and full-color visual examples to turn good shots into great shots. Professional photographer Mark Jenkinson shares tips and tricks for:
* Understanding how the features and controls affect Photographs
* Making the best use of manual, aperture priority, and shutter priority settings
* Shooting moving objects
* Shooting in bright light or nighttime settings
* Adjusting depth of field
* Improving composition and lighting
* Choosing the best format for storing digital images