You’ve done a great job of preparing your resume as both a Plain Text document and an attachable Word version. Now you’re ready to drop it into an e-mail message, attach your Word version, and launch it into cyberspace. The following steps will get the job done:
1. Write an e-mail message to the recruiter or employer, following the suggestions in Chapter 10.
2. Without closing your e-mail message, open the Plain Text document (.txt) that contains your resume.
3. Copy the entire text of your Plain Text resume, and paste it into the e-mail window, immediately after your brief message.
4. Now that your resume is in the e-mail message window, check that it looks the way you want the employer to see it.
5. Attach the Word 97-2003 ...