According to USAJobs.com, the official job site of the federal government, approximately 50,000 jobs are open at any one time. That’s a clear indicator that the federal government is the nation’s largest employer. These jobs fall roughly into 25 main federal agencies, as defined by the Occupational Outlook Quarterly.
This list shows these 25 agencies, starting with the largest employer and continuing down the line:
1. Department of Veteran Affairs
4. Department of Homeland Security
5. Air Force
6. Department of the Treasury
7. Department of Agriculture
8. Department of Justice
9. Department of Defense
10. Department of the Interior
11. Social Security Administration
12. Department of Health ...