It's just good business.
The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Business Plans, Second Edition, helps new and existing entrepreneurs create clear, comprehensive, and compelling business plans by walking them through all of the decisions they'll need to make before writing their plans, and then helping them structure and execute their plans to achieve their specific business goals.
*According to the Small Business Administration, in 2002 approximately 570,000 new small businesses opened their doors for business, and in 2007, the number rose to 680,000. Data shows that the past three recessions all resulted in significant rises in the number of new small businesses.
*More than 75 percent of small firms use some form of credit in their startup or operations
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Part 1 - Getting Started
- Chapter 1 - According to Plan
- Chapter 2 - Figuring Out the Financing
- Chapter 3 - Business Writing Basics
Part 2 - Putting Together Your Plan
- Chapter 4 - Ready, Set, Write
- Chapter 5 - Getting Down to Business
- Chapter 6 - Industry Overview
- Chapter 7 - Who Are You?
Chapter 8 - Analyzing Your Business in the Market
- Getting Down to Strategy
- Targeting Your Customers
- Demographic Profiles
- Getting Psychographic
- Defining Business-to-Business Customers
- Who Is Your Perfect Customer?
- CRM Technology Can Help
- Why Do They Buy?
- Creating Profiles
- Why You Shouldn’t Service Every Customer
- Evaluating Market Segments
- Defining Your Market Strategy
- The SWOT Approach
- Predicting Market Share
- Chapter 9 - Getting the Word Out
- Chapter 10 - Sales Plan and Forecast
- Chapter 11 - Operation Success
- Chapter 12 - Money, Money
- Chapter 13 - Show Your Documents
- Chapter 14 - Executive Summary
Part 3 - Putting Your Plan to Work
- Chapter 15 - Financing Considerations to Include in Your Plan
- Chapter 16 - Using Your Plan as a Management Tool
- Chapter 17 - Keeping Your Plan Current
- Appendix A - Business Terms Glossary
- Appendix B - Sample Plans
- Appendix C - Resources
- Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide® To Business Plans
- Release date: February 2010
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781592579730