Dollars and sense.
For both general readers and students, The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Economics, Second Edition, clearly explains macroeconomics and microeconomics, covering the dynamics of the markets, consumer behavior, business, budgets and taxation, recession and expansion, unemployment and inflation, fiscal policy, and international trade. This user-friendly second edition also discusses depression, wartime economics, and situational economics such as healthcare and energy.
? With the economy topping the headlines every day, the timing is right for a second edition
? Will appeal to anyone getting an MBA or taking economics courses, as well as general readers who want to learn about economics in terms they can understand
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Part 1 - Economics Explains It All
- Chapter 1 - Who Gets What, and How?
- Chapter 2 - GDP and the Players Three
- Chapter 3 - The Economist’s Toolbox
- Chapter 4 - Supply, Demand, and the Invisible Hand
- Chapter 5 - Look at These Prices!
Part 2 - Capitalism at Work
- Chapter 6 - Buyer Be Where?
- Chapter 7 - Income, Outgo, and Investment
- Chapter 8 - The Business of Business
- Chapter 9 - Wages, Workers, and the Workplace
- Chapter 10 - To Have and Have Not
Part 3 - The Government and the Economy
- Chapter 11 - The Ups and Downs of the Business Cycle
- Chapter 12 - Hey, Big Spender! The Federal Budget
- Chapter 13 - Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth
Part 4 - Money, the Banking System, and Policy
- Chapter 14 - The Color—and Velocity—of Money
- Chapter 15 - The Banks’ Bank: The Federal Reserve
- Chapter 16 - Monetary Policy: The Gas and the Brakes
Part 5 - The Global Economy
- Chapter 17 - International Trade: Exports, Imports, etc.
- Chapter 18 - International Finance
- Chapter 19 - The Global Economy
Part 6 - Situational Economics
- Chapter 20 - U.S. Health Care—On Life Support?
- Chapter 21 - The Economics of Sustainable Growth
- Chapter 22 - Learning to “Read” the Economy
- Chapter 23 - Everyday Economics
- Appendix - Additional Resources
- Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Economics, 2nd Edition
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781101478387
You might also like
The Rules of Thinking
The Rules of Thinking
The Psychology Book
How does memory work? Who is the "distractor" in your family? What was the "car crash" …
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
Economics: Theory and Practice, 10th Edition
Designed for the Survey of Economics course, Economics: Theory and Practice introduces students to basic economic …