Let’s take Core Location for a spin by building a distance-tracking sample application: Distance. By the time you are done, you will have the following app.
Distance app reports your distance traveled and also displays all the latest location data.
As part of building this app, you will see how to identify and filter out locations that can ruin your data.
Take the following steps to build the Distance app:
• Lay out the interface in Interface Builder
• Hook up the controller to the interface
• Add the User model object
• Add a CLLocationManager and receive location updates
• Filter out bad location data
Let’s get started building ...