How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
There is no one legitimate price for legal services. Costs vary based on the following variables:
• Where you are (East and West Coast lawyers charge more)
• The lawyer’s level of experience
• The lawyer’s reputation
• The size of the law firm and the lawyer’s position in it
• The complexity of the case
• How much competition there is for legal services
• How much the case is worth in terms of a cash judgment
Fees are negotiable, as are methods of payment. Generally, you’ll be paying in cash. However, some attorneys take credit cards, some will create a payment plan, some will take a lien (like a mortgage) on property to secure payment, and a few will even take service or items in trade.
Most attorneys will want ...