How Long Will This Take?
There’s no telling how long any one case will take. So many factors go into determining when a case ends that the best anyone can do is make a guess. Among the factors that determine how long a case will take are …
• How busy the court is.
• If the court set its own deadlines that you have to follow.
• How many problems you want to solve.
• How willing both sides are to compromise.
• How much time you have available. (Are you willing and able to take more time?)
• How complex the problems are you want to solve.
• What kind of problem you have.
For example, if the court is really busy, your case is going to have to wait—the court won’t be able to put it at the top of the pile unless there is a very compelling reason. ...