Query Letter Basics
In This Chapter
• Why you need a query letter
• The elements of an effective query letter
• Customizing your query letter
• If you get a positive response
• What to avoid in your query letter
So you want to write a book and get it published. You have a fantastic idea, a one-in-a-million topic that you know will sell. Congratulations! But how do you get an agent or editor to agree with you and want to work with you? How do you convey your concept and passion to publishing professionals so that your project is one they believe in, too?
That’s where a query letter comes in. This letter gives you an opportunity to successfully present your project so that an agent will want to represent it and help sell it to ...