Using an Agent or Not
In This Chapter
• Deciding whether you need an agent
• The benefits of having an agent
• How to find the right agent
• When it makes sense to go it alone
• When you choose to self-publish
Editors tell us this is the most frequent question they get from would-be authors: should we go with an agent or just send you our material? As agents, of course we think you’ll get better professional advice and have a stalwart advocate throughout the publishing process if you choose to go with an agent. And there are cases when you must go with an agent, as some publishers will only work with agents. Further, a work of fiction is very difficult to place on your own. To be sure, though, there are some writers who possess ...