PC Problems: Preparation and Troubleshooting
In This Chapter
• Preparing for a possible crisis
• Sniffing out the cause of a problem
• Restoring your PC to a time when it worked right
• Identifying rogue programs and other troublesome software
• Recovering safely when your PC locks up
Your PC can be quite moody. One day, all the components run fine and all tasks proceed without a glitch. The next day, your mouse pointer won’t budge, your printer refuses to print a document, Windows locks up, your PC refuses to connect to the Internet, or valuable documents simply disappear.
In this chapter, I help you prepare in advance so you can recover from serious problems, and I reveal troubleshooting techniques that can help you track down ...