Monitoring and Controlling the Plan
In This Chapter
• Why control is a good thing
• What project monitoring should accomplish
• Understanding earned value analysis (EVA) and Gantt charts
• The project review meeting
• Controlling with a project audit and peer review
• Monitoring the budget
After a project is underway, and you establish the operating procedures and start working on perfecting your leadership style, your key responsibility is to keep things going on time and within budget. After meticulously planning your project, you might assume that team members will simply stick to your plan and get things done as you have specified. Unfortunately, this almost never happens. On occasion, you’ll need to intervene.
In this chapter, I’ll ...