Engage with the Community
The Twitter community is very much like a cocktail party. If you’re new in town, it’s important to meet people and to make a good impression. The same social rules apply:
• If you only talk about yourself, people at the party become annoyed or disinterested.
• If you only repeat what other people say (Retweeting), you’ll be viewed as dull and avoidable.
• Rude behavior, offensive language, and off-color jokes are frowned upon. And when you’re new, you can’t be sure where the societal lines are drawn.
• No one wants to meet an insurance salesman at a party, so keep the selling to a minimum.
• Sitting by yourself in the corner and watching is creepy. So talk!
Want to be the life of the party and make new friends? Be the ...