Turn organizing your space into your next great project with this comprehensive guide!
In our materialistic, time-crunched society, lifestyles are compromised by disorganization and clutter. In a 2008 National Association of Professional Organizers survey, 65 percent of respondents noted that their household was at least moderately disorganized, 71 percent said their quality of life would improve if they were better organized, and 96 percent of respondents indicated that they could save time every day by becoming more organized. A survey by IKEA reported that only 11 percent of Americans know where their Social Security cards are. Unfortunately, the problem has gotten so out of hand for so many, they have no idea where to begin.
The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Getting Organized Fast-Track, finds readers where they are and helps them take the first steps toward a more organized and efficient life. In this book readers get:
The principles behind effective organizing that can be applied to any situation in the home or office.
A plan for clearing paper clutter and putting important documents where they can be found.
Commonsense thoughts on prioritizing and letting go of objects that are no longer useful.
A system for categorizing possessions that does not require people to buy more stuff to organize the stuff they already have.
Tips for tackling disorganization hot spots, including home offices or dens, kitchens, closets, master bedrooms, garages, attics, and basement areas.
Advice for staying ahead of messy family members or coworkers who can undo a person's hard work in an instant.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1 The Fast Track to an Organized Life
2 Gearing Up for Self-Change
- Discover Your Organizing Style
- Overcoming Personal Roadblocks
- Identifying and Setting Goals
- Self-Coaching and Accountability
- 3 Kicking Clutter to the Curb
4 Clutter Doesn’t Live Here Anymore
- Conquering Your Clutter Demons
- Setting Up Clutter Checkpoints
- Exploring Deacquisition Strategies
- 5 Habits, Routines, and Activity Centers
- 6 Routines of an Organized Home
- 7 Crafting Organized Spaces
8 Organized Spaces, Room by Room
- Organizing Kitchen and Food-Storage Areas
- Bringing Order to Bed and Bath Areas
- Creating Orderly Family Rooms
- 9 Tuning Your Time-Management Skills
- 10 Conquering Household Paperwork
11 Getting Organized in the Workplace
- Surviving an Alien Organizing Style
- Controlling Workplace Clutter
- Organizing Office Spaces
- Office Routines and Time Management
12 Handling Bumps in the Road
- Get Family Members on Board
- Get Organized for a Move
- Plan Holidays and Celebrations
- Last-Minute Company
- Reclaim Your Organized Life
- About the Author
- Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Organized Fast-Track
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781615643219
You might also like
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but this often means you aren’t using everything it …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Hands-On Exploratory Data Analysis with Python
Discover techniques to summarize the characteristics of your data using PyPlot, NumPy, SciPy, and pandas Key …