In This Chapter
• Having goals helps you focus
• Learning how your investment strategy should fit your goals
• Finding the relationship between risk and reward
• Understanding investment risks
• Learning the dangers of short-term trading
Investing in stocks is an important part of achieving your financial goals. The importance of planning for your financial goals extends beyond the obvious and helps you choose the right stock for each goal. Matching investment strategies and financial products produces the best chance for success. Stocks are one of many tools you can use; however, the historical significance of investing in a diversified stock portfolio suggests that you may have a more difficult time achieving ...