In This Chapter
• Learning the three types of stock brokerage firms
• Opening a brokerage account
• Learning the important stock market orders
• Keeping investing expenses low
• Having regulators that protect investors
This book is about long-term investing in stocks, not trading stocks on a frequent basis. Still, you will need a stockbroker to execute your orders to buy or sell. Navigating the world of stockbrokers can be confusing. There are several types of stockbrokerage firms offering a variety of services—some provide extensive help and recommendations while others simply process your order with no help or guidance on what you buy or sell. Hybrid companies offer a range of financial and broker ...