In This Chapter
• Avoiding common investing traps
• Improving portfolios for the stock investor with specific tools
• Using bond mutual funds to solve investment problems
• Diversifying with stock index funds
• Taking advantage of retirement accounts to improve performance
One of the best ways to make money in the stock market is to avoid losing it. No one wants to lose money, but the reality of investing dictates that you will lose money on a stock you buy. There is no foolproof way to only pick winners. Investors can, however, avoid common mistakes that will cost them money no matter how well they pick stocks. In every case, investors create problems by failing to act, acting emotionally, or ignoring ...