O'Reilly logo

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Stock Investing Fast-Track by Ken Little

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Following the Sellers

Of the two emotions, fear is much more powerful than greed. This has been demonstrated time and time again with a variety of studies, but can be summarized with the following point: If I told you there was an 80 percent chance an investment would make money, most people would be favorably inclined to consider the investment. However, if I said there’s a 20 percent chance you will lose money with this investment, most people would say that is too risky and decline the offer. Yet this is obviously the same investment simply referenced two different ways. Fear of loss is a tremendous power that often overcomes common sense and causes long-term investors to make dangerous mistakes.

When the market is in a steep decline, for ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required