In This Chapter
• GIF, JPEG, and other image format acronyms
• A quick peek at the Photos and Camera apps
• Viewing image thumbnails and slide shows
• Converting an image from one format to another
• Printing images
• Taking a stroll through the Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows has enabled us to go beyond the workaday world of letters and memos to documents that positively cry out for image enhancement: business presentations, flyers, newsletters, and web pages, to name only a few. Fortunately, Windows has various tools that let you create images from scratch, mess around with existing images, and capture digital images from an outside source (such as a digital camera or scanner; see Chapter ...