From Projector to Project: Creating Your Movie Project
Your footage is safely ensconced on your hard disk and you’ve got a piping hot project ready to go. Now what? Now it’s nitty-gritty time as you start constructing your movie piece by piece.
Creating a movie in Movie Maker roughly involves the following steps:
1. Add a video clip to the storyboard.
2. Use the storyboard to move the video clip into the section of the movie where you want it to be seen.
3. Cut out unwanted sections of the video clip.
4. Add a transition effect between the previous clip and the new clip.
5. Apply a video effect to the clip.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 until you’re done.
7. Insert a soundtrack.
The rest of this section takes you through each of these steps.