Be it websites, mobile apps, or desktop software, Java remains one of the most popular programming languages around. With over 7.6 million developers using it worldwide, the surge of new programming languages has not dampened the demand for this 25+-year-old language. With an average Java developer in the US earning over $104,000 a year, Java programming skills are still highly sought after.
This course is designed to teach you these skills from scratch, starting with JDK installation followed by the creation of your first program. Then, as you progress through the sections, you’ll start learning the core Java concepts such as control statements, arrays, strings, methods, objects, and more. In each of these sections, you’ll be building a unique, exciting project, thus ensuring you’re not just learning the theory but also practicing what you learned. Average of three, Mad Libs clone, and tic-tac-toe are just some of the projects you’ll be building in this course. To make sure you’ve mastered each line of code, there are practical hands-on coding challenges in every lecture.
By the end of this course, you will have mastered the best tips, tricks, and theory behind the Java programming language. The hands-on nature of this course will ensure that you can readily apply your skills to real-world projects.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics of Java syntax by learning about variables, constants, data types, and operators
- Discover how to dictate the flow of your program by learning about control statements
- Find out how you can store and manipulate a collection of data by learning about arrays and ArrayLists
- Learn how to work with strings effectively by understanding the different string methods
- Through user-defined methods, discover how writing your own methods helps you create more powerful programs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and its key concepts
- Discover how to create programs that read and write to files by learning about File I/O in Java
If you are a beginner coder and are new to Java, this course is for you. Experienced Java programmers who want to keep their skills sharp or developers looking to upskill themselves can find great value in this course.
About The Authors
Codestars By Rob Percival: Codestars, by Rob Percival, is a revolutionary online learning platform on a mission to transform the way people learn to code. With a focus on simplicity, logic, and fun, Rob has empowered over half a million students through his courses.
Recognizing the need for diverse and comprehensive learning experiences, Rob established Codestars as a collaborative effort. Codestars provides learners of all ages and proficiency levels with the tools and knowledge needed to build functional websites and apps. By making coding accessible and enjoyable, Codestars aims to simplify the learning journey and unlock the potential of aspiring coders worldwide.
John P. Baugh: John P. Baugh holds a PhD in computer and information science, as well as a bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer science from the University of Michigan, Dearborn. He serves as professor and chair of the department of computer information systems at Oakland Community College. He has consulted for individuals and companies, including those that are contractors for the United States Department of Defense. Previously, he has worked as a software engineer at Siemens PLM Software.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started
- Chapter 2 : Introducing Java
- Chapter 3 : Control Statements
- Chapter 4 : Arrays and ArrayLists
- Chapter 5 : Strings and the StringBuilder Class
- Chapter 6 : Methods
- Chapter 7 : Introduction to Classes and Objects
- Chapter 8 : File I/O and Exceptions
- Title: The Complete Java Developer Course: From Beginner to Master
- Release date: March 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801075190
You might also like
Learn How to Code: The Complete Core Java Programming Course
More than enough concepts are covered for professionals learning Java for Selenium About This Video Learn …
Java SE 11 Developer (1Z0-819)
18+ Hours of Video Instruction Description An intensive study resource designed to guide you in best …
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
This course was just completely re-filmed to give you everything you need to master Node.js in …
Head First Java, 3rd Edition
What will you learn from this book? Head First Java is a complete learning experience in …