Negotiating is one of the daily tasks of the complete project manager. Apply the following best practices as you work through the negotiating life cycle.
|What To Do||How To Do It|
|Decide to negotiate||
• Find out what the issue is
• Define the problem
• Decide whether you need to negotiate, dominate, acquiesce, or avoid
• Try to understand the problem, then define the goals you want to achieve
• Build the necessary relationships to negotiate
• Understand who is involved and their roles
• Research discipline, industry, or customary standards
• Define ...