2 Data Management Overview
Chapter 1 presented the concept of data management within the overall concept of the enterprise and information technology. Chapter 2 provides a detailed overview of data management that includes:
- An introduction to the mission, goals, and business benefits of data management.
- A process model for data management, identifying ten functions and the component activities of each function.
- An overview of the format used in the context diagrams that describe each function.
- An overview of the roles involved in activities across all ten data management functions.
- An overview of the general classes of technology that support data management.
Chapters 3 through 12 explore each of the ten data management functions and their ...