The Definitive Guide to SOA: Oracle® Service Bus, Second Edition targets professional software developers and architects who know enterprise development but are new to enterprise service buses (ESBs) and service–oriented architecture (SOA) development. This is the first book to cover a practical approach to SOA using the BEA AquaLogic Service Bus tool. And it's written from the "source"—BEA Systems AquaLogic product lead Jeff Davies.
This book provides hands–on information to developing SOA–driven applications with ESBs as central components.
It also gives strategic guidance on SOA planning, web service life–cycle management, administration of an ESB, and security considerations.
Author Jeff Davies is careful to cut through theory and get straight to demonstrating successful use of the product.
What you'll learn
View code examples that demonstrate how to use the major features of the service bus.
Learn tips and tricks to solve common problems.
Change your thinking on versioning web services: instead of applying versions to web services, which the author feels is simply the wrong tool for managing service life cycle, learn a new way to manage the service life cycle.
Get a new perspective on planning your "service landscape."
Discover administration–specific details for keeping your ESB running with practical advice on moving your configurations from development to testing and production—details that are commonly omitted from technical books.
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, technical architects, tech leads, professional software developers ,and architects. It's targeted at folks who know enterprise development but are new to enterprise service buses and service-oriented architecture development.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Why Use a Service Bus?
- CHAPTER 2: Installing and Configuring the Software
- CHAPTER 3: Creating a Hello World Service
- CHAPTER 4: Message Flow Basics
- CHAPTER 5: A Crash Course in WSDL
- CHAPTER 6: Intermediate Message Flows
- CHAPTER 7: Asynchronous Messaging
- CHAPTER 8: Service Types and Transports
- CHAPTER 9: Advanced Messaging Topics
- CHAPTER 10: Reporting and Monitoring
- CHAPTER 11: SOA Security
- CHAPTER 12: Planning Your Service Landscape
- CHAPTER 13: Implementing Your Service Landscape
- CHAPTER 14: Versioning Services
- CHAPTER 15: Performance: Tuning and Best Practices
- CHAPTER 16: Administration, Operations, and Management
- CHAPTER 17: Custom Transports
- CHAPTER 18: How Do I . . . ?
- Title: The Definitive Guide to SOA: Oracle® Service Bus, SECOND EDITION
- Release date: September 2008
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430210573