Organizing websites is highly dynamic and often chaotic. Thus, it is crucial that host web servers manipulate URLs in order to cope with temporarily or permanently relocated resources, prevent attacks by automated worms, and control resource access.
The Apache mod_rewrite module has long inspired fits of joy because it offers an unparalleled toolset for manipulating URLs. The Definitive Guide to Apache mod_rewrite guides you through configuration and use of the module for a variety of purposes, including basic and conditional rewrites, access control, virtual host maintenance, and proxies.
This book was authored by Rich Bowen, noted Apache expert and Apache Software Foundation member, and draws on his years of experience administering, and regular speaking and writing about, the Apache server.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- CHAPTER 1: An Introduction to mod_rewrite
- CHAPTER 2: Regular Expressions
- CHAPTER 3: Installing and Configuring mod_rewrite
- CHAPTER 4: The RewriteRule Directive
- CHAPTER 5: The RewriteCond Directive
- CHAPTER 6: The RewriteMap Directive.
- CHAPTER 7: Basic Rewrites
- CHAPTER 8: Conditional Rewrites
- CHAPTER 9: Access Control
- CHAPTER 10: Virtual Hosts
- CHAPTER 11: Proxying
- CHAPTER 12: Debugging
- APPENDIX: Additional Resources
- Title: The Definitive Guide to Apache mod_rewrite
- Release date: February 2006
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781590595619
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
The Pragmatic Programmer: your journey to mastery, 20th Anniversary Edition, 2nd Edition
"One of the most significant books in my life." —Obie Fernandez, Author, The Rails Way "Twenty …
Web Application Security
While many resources for network and IT security are available, detailed knowledge regarding modern web application …