• Lines and axes can be helpful to demonstrate a progression from one state of affairs to another.
• In the Barriers To Purchase Axis, inactivity or disinterest is shown on the left, and interest or action on the right.
• Each notch of the axis represents a barrier to action. In this case it's a series of reasons why the potential customer will not purchase a product.
• By mapping the decision-making process diagrammatically, each barrier to purchase can be identified and isolated.
• A plan to knock each one down can then be devised.
Exercise: Choose a product and a potential customer type. Use the axis to plot ...