• The Pie Chart is a classic way to represent data or segments of a larger whole.
• Usually each segment is proportional to its percentage – in this case 75%, 20% and 5%.
• If there are multiple segments, then the percentage quantity of each may need to be labelled numerically for clarity.
• Colouring each segment differently helps to give definition for a snapshot at a glance.
• If there are more than six segments the diagram will probably be too confusing and so another approach may be needed – probably a histogram.
Exercise: Choose an issue where its quantity can be expressed in percentages. Try to have no more than six component ...