Working over the concept painting you chose at the end of Chapter 3, create a clean perspective drawing of the castle. To get ready to do the perspective drawing, do the following:
- Reduce the concept painting to only two layers: the background, and the castle. This will allow you to adjust the perspective on the castle as you work.
- Find the location of the horizon line.
- Set up the right and left VPs.
- Add a new layer to do the perspective drawing on.
The final drawing should include:
- Walls, turrets, doors, windows, and crenellations drawn in proper perspective.
- All ellipses that encircle round towers must be in drawn in proper perspective. Remember the trick of setting up an “ellipse bank” for your project, and space them at regular ...