"Practical, concise and full of tips that every manager needs to know, FT Guide to Management provides a powerful guide for leaders at every level."
Arianna Huffington, Chairman, President and Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post Media Group
"This is clear, encouraging and packed with good sense – just like its author. A winner."
Eleanor Mills, Editorial Director, The Sunday Times
“Amidst the myriad of books on leadership, this guide presents an unusually concrete, comprehensive and practical set of principles and learnings for managers at every level.”
John Pepper, Former CEO & Chairman P&G; Former Chairman Walt Disney
From motivating a team and developing star talent to controlling budgets and fostering innovation, The Financial Times Guide to Management is your authoritative guide to becoming an effective manager. Full of practical tips and advice, this definitive handbook offers solutions to the everyday challenges of:
- Managing yourself
- Developing communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Managing others
- Setting strategic direction
- Managing change
- Managing money, resources and technology
There is also on-the-ground advice from the executive frontline, with insights from leaders including Paul Polman (CEO, Unilever), Steve Marshall (Chairman, Balfour Beatty) and Cilla Snowball (Chairman and CEO, AMV BBDO).
Whether you’re a new team leader or an experienced director, this book contains everything you need to know to become an outstanding manager.
Table of Contents
- Publisher's acknowledgements
- About the author
- About CMI
- Part 1: Managing yourself
- Part 2: Developing skills that make a difference
- Part 3: Managing others
- Part 4: Setting direction and achieving results
- Part 5: Managing change
- Part 6: Managing money, resources and technology
- Part 7: The last word
- Title: The Financial Times Guide to Management
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9780273792864