Whether you’re about to start your own business or have already taken the plunge and want to keep everything on track, make sure you have a copy of The Financial Times Guide to Business Start Up on your shelf.
Annually updated, this edition covers the latest legal and financial changes you need to be aware of following the 2013 Budget. There’s also essential new content on shaping up for the digital marketplace and how to develop your online presence, benefit from social media and advertise effectively online.
This guide takes you through every important aspect of starting and running a business, including developing your idea and getting financial backing, recruiting staff, building customer relationships, sales, marketing, VAT and much more.
Everything you need to know to make your start up a success.
Table of contents
- Updates and further information
- 1 You and your ideas
- 2 Who will buy?
- 3 A spot of coaching
- 4 Your business identity
- 5 Are you sure?
- 6 The business plan
- 7 Timing the jump
- 8 Less than 100 per cent
- 9 Off the peg
- 10 Franchises
- 11 Beating the pirates
- 12 The right name
- 13 Getting the message across
- 14 Getting new customers
- 15 Building customer relationships
- 16 How to set a price
- 17 Choosing your workplace
- 18 Information technology – and other equipment
- 19 Professional back-up
- 20 Getting the right staff
- 21 Your rights and duties as an employer
- 22 Your business and the environment
- 23 Insurance
- 24 Forecasting
- 25 Raising the money
- 26 Staying afloat
- 27 Moving ahead
- 28 Not waving but drowning
- 29 Keeping the record straight
- 30 Tax
- 31 VAT
- 32 Pensions and retirement
- Title: The Financial Times Guide to Business Start Up 2014, 27th Edition
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292004686
You might also like
The Financial Times Guide to Wealth Management, 2nd Edition
The Financial Times Guide to Wealth Management Whether you’re a beginner wanting an introduction to financial …
Surprising rules for successful monetization Innovation is the most important driver of growth. Today, more than …
Influence You'll learn the six universal principles, how to use them to become a skilled persuader—and …
Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
Business Model Generation is a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers striving to defy outmoded …