A stress-free guide to caring for your biggest investment.
For many new homeowners, the euphoria that comes with buying the perfect new house can soon turn into total panic. First-time buyers often feel overwhelmed by the amount of maintenance their new home requires—not to mention the nasty problems and surprises that seem to be lurking around every corner (and in every wall). Finally, author and real estate guru Sid Davis provides the antidote for the common worries that plague every new owner. From easy repairs to seemingly insurmountable projects, readers will discover sanity-saving advice on:
• improving roofing, siding, walkways, and driveways
• fixing or replacing appliances and fixtures
• refinancing tips and traps
• reducing the costs of home ownership and maintenance
• lowering property taxes
• working with contractors and not getting taken
• insurance tips
• budgeting for the unexpected
Owning a home should be exciting, not terrifying. Now with this reassuring guide, novice homeowners can experience all of the joy, and none of the trepidation, that comes with having a place of their own.