This book teaches students and entry-level novices how to create games using the GameMaker engine. Readers will quickly hone their design skills with tutorials that are written so that beginners can quickly start building games while also providing lessons on how designers can ‘level up’ and add advanced options to their games. Readers will also have access to a website containing all the assets and resources to create their games, including sprites and animations, walk-through video tutorials of each lesson and music composed by professional musicians. Also provided are rubrics for instructors to use when grading student work or for readers learning on their own to evaluate their own work.
Table of Contents
- About the Artists
- Chapter 1 What Is GameMaker: Studio and Who Uses It?
- Chapter 2 Side-Scroller Game Basics
- Chapter 3 Multi-Level Games
- Chapter 4 Two Player Games
- Chapter 5 Pixel Art
- Chapter 6 2.5D—Simulating a 3D Look in a 2D Game
- Chapter 7 Game Maker Language (GML)
- Chapter 8 Role Playing Games
- Chapter 9 Selling Games and Licensing Fees
- Title: The GameMaker Standard
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781317514688