Game, Gamification, or Simulation: Which Is Best, When, Why?
- When is a game the most appropriate tool for conveying a learning message?
- What type of content is appropriate for what type of game?
- How is Bloom’s Taxonomy related to different types of learning games?
- When is gamification the most appropriate tool?
- What are the two different types of gamification for learning?
- When is a simulation the most appropriate tool?
No one learning solution fits every learning need. This is certainly true in the area of games, gamification, and simulations. In some ways these interactive learning events are similar. When well designed, they all engage the learner, encourage thoughtful consideration of content, and ...