- How do I design a gamification experience?
- Are intrinsic and extrinsic motivation mutually exclusive?
- What factors weigh into my decision to design a gamification experience?
- What types of elements are contained within gamified learning?
- How can we avoid cheating in structural gamification?
As mentioned in Chapter 3, gamification is “using game-based mechanics, aesthetics, and game thinking to engage people, motivate action, promote learning, and solve problems” and there are two types of gamification—content and structural. In this chapter, we’ll explore how to create learning experiences using each type. The goal is to provide a framework for you to create a compelling gamified experience ...