Men, Women, and Conflict
Take It Like a Man Versus Nice Girls Don’t Do Conflict
The Chinese have a character for conflict that consists of two symbols: one for opportunity and the other for danger.
—Victor H. Mair (2009)
- Understand and self-assess how gender-conflict styles are developmentally formed and evolve to shape adult conflict-management repertoires.
- Determine how women’s conflict mantra, “Harmony is normal and conflict is abnormal,” affects conflict outcomes.
- Know how men’s conflict mantra, “Winning at any cost is the name of the game,” affects conflict outcomes.
- Distinguish the double standard of how men and women express anger with a flight or fight approach.
- Analyze how women show vulnerability and men ...