A top healthcare futurist and consultant shows healthcare professionals and stakeholders how to redirect resources and leverage innovation to improve wellness and lower costs.
Despite being the wealthiest nation on earth, the United States spends much of its healthcare money and resources pursuing the wrong goal: curing people after they get sick. In this provocative book, Nicholas J. Webb charts a bold new path that puts the focus not on reactionary treatment but on anticipation and prevention. Webb argues that we have a unique opportunity to leverage disruptive innovation to fulfill these goals. Emerging digital technologies now make it possible to collect, analyze, and act upon the enormous quantities of health-related data that every individual generates every day. This data often foreshadows disease and can alert the healthcare provider to the existence of a life-threatening condition before there are any outward symptoms, thereby enabling caregivers to pivot from treatment after the fact to anticipation, prevention, and, when necessary, reduced treatment to correct a smaller problem.
This is The Healthcare Mandate—a powerful and illuminating guide to the new tools that healthcare professionals can start using right now to:
- See their clients not only as patients to be cured but as constituents to keep healthy.
- Identify and respond to emerging health problems as early as possible.
- Access and share constituent data with other healthcare providers.
- Navigate the increasingly complex world of patient data rights.
- Meet the challenge of non-medical online healthcare providers.
- Address constituent lifestyle choices that lead to obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Respond to the increasing consumerization of healthcare.
Drawing upon his decades of experience as an industry expert with dozens of medical patents, Webb offers a positive and achievable vision for the future of healthcare.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 Change Is Happening Now
- CHAPTER 2 The Four Historical Stages of Healthcare
- CHAPTER 3 Two Drivers of Rising Healthcare Costs
- CHAPTER 4 The Role of Homeostasis
- CHAPTER 5 The Big Shift
- CHAPTER 6 The Six Steps of the Big Shift
- CHAPTER 7 Innovate or Perish
- CHAPTER 8 Technological Innovation Propels the Big Shift
- CHAPTER 9 Digital Disruption and the Storming of the Gates
- CHAPTER 10 The Constituent as a Consumer
- CHAPTER 11 The Constituent Healthcare Operating System
- CHAPTER 12 Phase I of Implementation of the CHOS: Anticipatory Healthcare
- CHAPTER 13 Phase II of Implementation of the CHOS: Behavioral Intervention
- CHAPTER 14 The Challenge of COVID-19
- CHAPTER 15 Artificial Intelligence and Gamification
- CHAPTER 16 The Carrot and the Stick
- CHAPTER 17 The Healthcare Analytics Marketplace
- CHAPTER 18 The Big Shift in Healthcare Analytics
- CHAPTER 19 How We’re Going to Pay for Constituent Care
- CHAPTER 20 The Prescription for Healthcare Leaders
- Thank You
- About the Author
- Title: The Healthcare Mandate: How to Leverage Disruptive Innovation to Heal America’s Biggest Industry
- Release date: September 2020
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260468137
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Solutions Architect's Handbook
From fundamentals and design patterns to the different strategies for creating secure and reliable architectures in …
Artificial Intelligence in Finance
Many industries have been revolutionized by the widespread adoption of AI and machine learning. The programmatic …