A fresh approach to the old problem of "diversity fatigue"
Trevor Wilson, global diversity strategist and visionary leader, presents a fresh, new management model that goes beyond the traditional diversity debate towards inclusion and building human capital. Featuring case studies and practical diagnostic tools and assessments, this book will benefit anyone who is interested in improving their business by building on the unique talents of employees' innate strengths, unique abilities, personality, attitude, life experience and virtues. The agent of this change, the driver of the process, is the equitable leader.
This important book outlines 8 core competencies that will guide leaders to create equitable and inclusive work environments where employees are valued because of, not in spite of, their differences and each person can be recognized and developed to strive for their highest potential.
Includes a new paradigm for diversity initiatives and finds new solutions
Reveals the core competencies that help leaders create an equitable and inclusive workplace
Shows how companies can improve hiring and retention, reduce turnover, increase productivity, improve teamwork, and ultimately increase the bottom line
The Human Equity Advantage gives you the tools to tap into the unique talents and strengths of each employee.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Foreword by Lamarr Lark
- Foreword by Gerry Bouey
Part One: Beyond Diversity to Human Equity: The Required Shift
- Chapter 1: Diversity Fatigue and the Unfulfilled Promise of Diversity
- Chapter 2: The Evolution of the Equity Continuum
- Chapter 3: The Essential Role of Leaders and Managers
Part Two: Implementing Human Equity
- Chapter 4: Human Capital and the Differentiation of Talent
- Chapter 5: Talent Differentiation in Action
- Chapter 6: The SHAPE of Talent
- Chapter 7: The Eight Core Competencies of the Equitable Leader
- Chapter 8: Ernst & Young: A Journey Toward Human Equity Leadership
Part Three: Measuring Human Equity
- Chapter 9: Arriving at the Human Equity Assessment Tool
- Chapter 10: The Equitable Leader Assessment
- Conclusion: The Why of Human Equity
- Afterword: My Why of Human Equity
- Special Offer!
- Title: The Human Equity Advantage: Beyond Diversity to Talent Optimization
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118458402
You might also like
The Loudest Duck: Moving Beyond Diversity while Embracing Differences to Achieve Success at Work
A business fable that explains why organizations need to move beyond the old-style diversity efforts to …
Mastering Virtual Teams: Strategies, Tools, and Techniques That Succeed, Third Edition
This third edition of the best-selling resource Mastering Virtual Teams offers a toolkit for leaders and …
Onboarding turns the key, opening the door to talent development Investing in onboarding means investing in …
Everyday Coaching: Using Conversation to Strengthen Your Culture
Unleash Hidden Potential With Coaching Conversations. Coaching is not just for coaches. When everybody within an …