Principles Trump Diagrams
The Four ICSM Principles
1. Stakeholder value-based guidance.
2. Incremental commitment and accountability.
3. Concurrent multi-discipline engineering
4. Evidence and risk-based decisions.
Risk Meta-Principle of Balance: Balancing the risk of doing too little and the risk of doing too much will generally find a middle course sweet spot that is about the best you can do.
Theory W (Win-Win) Success Theorem: A system will succeed if and only if it makes winners of its success-critical stakeholders.
System Success Realization Theorem: Making winners of your success-critical stakeholders requires:
1. Identifying all of the success-critical stakeholders.
2. Understanding how each stakeholder wants to win.
3. Having the success-critical ...