Common Minimum Programme of the UPA Government, May 2004
- The National Employment Guarantee Act will be enacted. This will provide a legal guarantee for at least 100 days of employment.
- A national commission to examine the problems facing enterprises in the unorganized, informal sector will be established.
- The functioning of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will be revamped.
- The highest investment, credit and technological priority will be given to the continued growth of agriculture, horticulture, aquaculture, floriculture, afforestation, dairying and agro-processing that will significantly add to the creation of new jobs.
- The textile industry and jute industry will be enabled to meet new challenges. ...
Get The Indian Economy Since 1991, 2nd Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.