A groundbreaking prescription for health care reform--from a legendary leader in innovation . . .
Our health care system is in critical condition. Each year, fewer Americans can afford it, fewer businesses can provide it, and fewer government programs can promise it for future generations.
We need a cure, and we need it now.
Harvard Business School’s Clayton M. Christensen—whose bestselling The Innovator’s Dilemma revolutionized the business world—presents The Innovator’s Prescription, a comprehensive analysis of the strategies that will improve health care and make it affordable.
Christensen applies the principles of disruptive innovation to the broken health care system with two pioneers in the field—Dr. Jerome Grossman and Dr. Jason Hwang. Together, they examine a range of symptoms and offer proven solutions.
YOU’LL DISCOVER HOW
- “Precision medicine” reduces costs and makes good on the promise of personalized care
- Disruptive business models improve quality, accessibility, and affordability by changing the way hospitals and doctors work
- Patient networks enable better treatment of chronic diseases
- Employers can change the roles they play in health care to compete effectively in the era of globalization
- Insurance and regulatory reforms stimulate disruption in health care
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- The Innovator's Prescription
- Copyright page
- CHAPTER 1: The Role of Disruptive Technology and Business Model Innovation in Making Products and Services Affordable and Accessible
- CHAPTER 2: The Technological Enablers of Disruption
- CHAPTER 3: Disrupting the Hospital Business Model
- CHAPTER 4: Disrupting the Business Model of the Physician's Practice
- CHAPTER 5: Disruptive Solutions for the Care of Chronic Disease
- CHAPTER 6: Integrating to Make It Happen
- CHAPTER 7: Disrupting the Reimbursement System
- CHAPTER 8: The Future of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- CHAPTER 9: Future Directions for Medical Devices and Diagnostic Equipment
- CHAPTER 10: The Future of Medical Education
- CHAPTER 11: Regulatory Reform and the Disruption of Health Care
- Title: The Innovator's Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care
- Release date: October 2008
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071592093
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Learn Algorithmic Trading
Understand the fundamentals of algorithmic trading to apply algorithms to real market data and analyze the …
Multivariate Time Series Analysis and Applications
An essential guide on high dimensional multivariate time series including all the latest topics from one …
Practical Time Series Analysis
Time series data analysis is increasingly important due to the massive production of such data through …