Because financing can make or break the deal.
Finding great financing is the Holy Grail of real estate. Whether it’s your first deal or 50th, it can be the most daunting — but most important — challenge you face.
The good news is that today there are more ways to finance a property than ever before. If you know where to look, you can find nearly unlimited supplies of funding for your real estate deals.
The Inside Guide to Funding Real Estate Investments introduces you to the range of options available — from traditional mortgages and asset-based loans to crowdfunding and private money. Plus you’ll gain an insider’s perspective into the funding process and the way lenders think. Whether you’re planning to fix and flip…or buy and hold, you’ll learn:
- Which funding sources and strategies are best for which types of investments
- What lenders are looking for
- How to close with confidence
- How to maintain sufficient liquidity and protect your credit position for future deals
- How to avoid costly borrowing mistakes
- What to do when deals go south
- And more
With its laser focus on the single most important aspect of your deal, this book sets you up for real estate success like no other. Find the right financing and the riches will follow.
Table of contents
- Half title
- 1. The Big Picture of Real Estate Investing
- 2. An Overview of Funding Options
- 3. An Introduction to Asset-Based Loans
- 4. An Introduction to Hard Money Lenders
- 5. What You Need to Know About Private Money Lenders
- 6. How to Take the Mystery Out of Private Money
- 7. Thinking of Crowdfunding Your Deal?
- 8. The New Kid on the Block: Crowdfunding
9. Partnering to Get the Funds You Need
- When Should Property Investors Consider a Partner to Obtain More Funding?
- Real Estate Partnerships 101
- Advantages of Partnering Up
- Potential Cons of Partnering Up
- Smart Times to Partner Up
- Who Can Investors Partner With?
- What and Who to Avoid When Pitching Potential Partners for Money
- How to Make It Work
- 10. Using Banks to Fund Real Estate Investments
- 11. How to Find Asset-Based Lenders
- 12. Inside the Mind of Asset-Based Lenders
- 13. Asset-Based Lenders: A Peek at Their Cards
- 14. Dealing with Down Payments
- 15. The Dirty Truth About Some Real Estate Lenders
- 16. Hard Money Lender Scams and How to Avoid Them
- 17. How to Successfully Get Funded as a New Investor
18. How to Land the Best Loans for Your Deals
- Finding the Best Financing for Investment Property
- What’s So Important About Finding the Right Loan?
- How to Match Loans and Lenders to Your Needs
- Financing a Real Estate Investment Using Different Real Estate Strategies
- Comparing Loans for Your Real Estate Deals
- Quick Tips for Quickly Homing in on the Best Loan Programs
- 19. Is Your Baby Ugly?
20. Estimating Your Project’s Costs
- How Much Is Your Property Renovation Project Going to Cost?
- Knowing Your Customer and Your Exit Strategy
- Inspecting and Evaluating the Property
- General Rules of Thumb
- Avoiding the Traps
- Funding and the Numbers Game
- The Scope of Work
- Tales from the Trenches
- Collaborating with Partners
- Coordinating Contractors
- Running Out of Money
- Seven Steps to Your Scope of Work
- 21. The Time Value of Money
- 22. What Every Investor Needs to Know About Terms, Cash Flow, and Formulas
- 23. The Hole Poker: The Devil’s Advocate
- 24. Next! Know When to Walk Away from a Real Estate Deal
- 25. Dealing with Detours
- 26. What Comes First? The Deal or the Dollars?
- 27. Preparing to Get Your Loan Funded
- 28. Who to Take with You
- 29. Estimating Your Time of Arrival : How Long Does It Take to Fund and Close a Real Estate Deal? And What Can Real Estate Investors Do to Streamline the Process?
- 30. Avoiding Costly Borrowing Mistakes
- 31. Investment Property Loans: Everything Is Negotiable, Right?
- 32. How to Choose the Best Funding and Investment Property Lender to Meet Your Needs
- 33. High-Performance Property Financing: Understanding the Mechanics of Your Loan
- 34. Fix and Flip Strategies to Get Your Investment Property Sold
- 35. Buy and Hold Real Estate Investment
- 36. Keep Fueling the Journey
- 37. When Your Lender Takes the Exit
- 38. When Your Rehab Goes South: What You Can Do When Your Rehab Takes a Wrong Turn
- 39. What If You Can’t Make Good on Your Investment Property Loan?
- 40. When the Wheels Come Off Your Real Estate Investment Venture
- About the Author
- Sample Chapter from The Real Estate Investor’s Pocket Calculator, 2nd Edition by Michael C. Thomsett
- About AMACOM
- Title: The Inside Guide to Funding Real Estate Investments
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814438862
You might also like
Wealth Opportunities in Commercial Real Estate: Management, Financing, and Marketing of Investment Properties
Commercial real estate investing is a strong investment choice for those with the right perspective and …
The Intelligent Investor, Rev. Ed
More than one million hardcovers sold Now available for the first time in paperback! The Classic …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Real Estate Titans
In Real Estate Titans, Erez Cohen shares the advice and learnings of the world's leading real …