1. Doc Searls, “The Intention Economy,” Linux Journal, March 8, 2006, http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000035.
2. The project was named by Mike Vizard on The Gillmor Gang show, in October 2006, in response to my characterization of the project as the customer-side counterpart of CRM. When Mike suggested calling our new category VRM, it struck a chord, and the label stuck.
3. Doc Searls, “The Intention Economy: What happens when customers get real power,” Berkman Center for Internet & Society, speech, March 24, 2009, http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/events/luncheon/2009/03/searls.
4. Geoffrey Moore, Chrossing the Chasm, rev. ed. (New York: Harper Paperbacks, 2002).
5. Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly ...