Written by the UK’s most well-respected expert, this is THE definitive guide to job interviews, covering absolutely everything you’ll ever need to know about the whole process – from planning and preparing to delivering a winning performance - in one, easy to- read and easy-to-access guide to success.
For over 25 years, author John Lees has been at the forefront of careers advice and has spent all of his career training recruiters, interviewers, HR professionals and interviewees. He knows exactly what makes a great interview and offers his vast insider knowledge here.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- 1 WHAT MAKES A GREAT INTERVIEW PERFORMANCE?
- 2 WHY DO INTERVIEWS GO WRONG?
- 3 HOW DO I HANDLE INTERVIEWS WITH RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS?
- 4 HOW DO I MOVE FROM SHORT LIST TO INTERVIEW?
- 5 HANDLING INTERVIEW NERVES
- 6 GETTING INTO THE RIGHT FRAME OF MIND
- 7 HOW MUCH PREPARATION IS ENOUGH?
- 8 HOW DO I PREPARE MYSELF?
- 9 I HAVE TO MAKE A PRESENTATION ...
- 10 HOW DO I MANAGE THE OPENING MOMENTS?
- 11 WHAT WILL THEY ASK ME?
- 12 PITCHING YOUR MESSAGE
- 13 GETTING YOUR STORY ACROSS
- 14 IT’S NOT A STANDARD INTERVIEW – HOW DO I PLAY IT?
- 15 HOW DO I SHINE AT A COMPETENCY-BASED INTERVIEW?
- 16 WHAT IF THEY ASK ME PROBING QUESTIONS?
- 17 HOW DO I HANDLE PERSONAL OR ODDBALL QUESTIONS?
- 18 HOW DO I GET PAST STICKY MOMENTS WHEN THINGS START TO GO WRONG?
- 19 I GET INTERVIEWS, BUT NOT JOB OFFERS ...
- 20 I AM CONFUSED BY INTERVIEW FEEDBACK
- 21 MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW!
- Title: The Interview Expert
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson Business
- ISBN: 9780273762553