Written by the UK’s most well-respected expert, this is THE definitive guide to job interviews, covering absolutely everything you’ll ever need to know about the whole process – from planning and preparing to delivering a winning performance - in one, easy to- read and easy-to-access guide to success.
For over 25 years, author John Lees has been at the forefront of careers advice and has spent all of his career training recruiters, interviewers, HR professionals and interviewees. He knows exactly what makes a great interview and offers his vast insider knowledge here.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- 1 WHAT MAKES A GREAT INTERVIEW PERFORMANCE?
- 2 WHY DO INTERVIEWS GO WRONG?
- 3 HOW DO I HANDLE INTERVIEWS WITH RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS?
- 4 HOW DO I MOVE FROM SHORT LIST TO INTERVIEW?
- 5 HANDLING INTERVIEW NERVES
- 6 GETTING INTO THE RIGHT FRAME OF MIND
- 7 HOW MUCH PREPARATION IS ENOUGH?
- 8 HOW DO I PREPARE MYSELF?
- 9 I HAVE TO MAKE A PRESENTATION ...
- 10 HOW DO I MANAGE THE OPENING MOMENTS?
- 11 WHAT WILL THEY ASK ME?
- 12 PITCHING YOUR MESSAGE
- 13 GETTING YOUR STORY ACROSS
- 14 IT’S NOT A STANDARD INTERVIEW – HOW DO I PLAY IT?
- 15 HOW DO I SHINE AT A COMPETENCY-BASED INTERVIEW?
- 16 WHAT IF THEY ASK ME PROBING QUESTIONS?
- 17 HOW DO I HANDLE PERSONAL OR ODDBALL QUESTIONS?
- 18 HOW DO I GET PAST STICKY MOMENTS WHEN THINGS START TO GO WRONG?
- 19 I GET INTERVIEWS, BUT NOT JOB OFFERS ...
- 20 I AM CONFUSED BY INTERVIEW FEEDBACK
- 21 MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW!
- Title: The Interview Expert
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson Business
- ISBN: 9780273762928
You might also like
Cracking the Tech Career: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Google, Microsoft, Apple, or any Top Tech Company
Become the applicant Google can't turn down Cracking the Tech Career is the job seeker's guide …
The Google Résumé: How to Prepare for a Career and Land a Job at Apple, Microsoft, Google, or any Top Tech Company
The Google Resume is the only book available on how to win a coveted spot at …
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
Ace the Programming Interview: 160 Questions and Answers for Success
Be prepared to answer the most relevant interview questions and land the job Programmers are in …